Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fund Raising Update and SPIN

Wednesday morning SPIN in La Jolla this morning started out with just 4 people, myself, Mike Brent and Whitney (someone I've not seen before). But by the end we had 12 people in the class. Kavon and I were up front pacing each other. I asked him about his Torrey Time Trail ride and he indicated a 7:05 time. At the top he had a call that his father who was in the emergency room with a ruptured stomach. At 90 years old they want to hold off and surgery. He has plans to go back out tomorrow night and test himself again.

It was hard to hear Jessica during the class today. Music was pretty loud but her voice is not as strong as Chris's. Someone mentioned it and she made some adjustments.

I love the music that is used in these classes. They have the right pace, are up beat and not with language that would make your mom blush. That can be hard with such a wide variety of people from young to old in these classes.

Fund Raising - is going well. The amount just went over $7500 this morning with a donation from a friend I've ridden with in the LLS program. I have one outstanding matching gift which would bring me up to $8500. Close but still $1500 off of the $10,000 goal. I'm planning a Sushi Cooking and Silent Auction Event with Todd Northup at the Southwestern Yacht Club Sept 29th from 6-9 PM. We are 99% sure of the location but will hear by the end of the week about that. Todd and I have been collecting items and services over the last month or so. There is some really cool stuff like Roll Royce picnic for 2, Dinners, Hotels, wine, baskets of items, GPS unit, cycling gear, etc. Very, Very cool stuff. Plus, you learn how to make sushi. Should be a great time.

No comments: