Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's Wednesday...Must Be SPIN Class

Wednesday morning...it's early and the dogs are asking, "why can't we go to the park and play"? I have to tell them, Butternut and Zeke, I'm in the midst of training for this ride in Oct. They seem to understand. (Pics from our Tahoe Trip)

What's behind the the scenes is the regular life of Mike and Crystal which is really not that regular a life. This week Crystal is at West Point in NY at a leadership conference. (Yes, my wife is a West Point Grad year 84) She has taken on the role of President for the alumni group here in San Diego. (Who wears the pants in this house?)


There are stories I have to tell about this subject like the email that came recently saying...Mike, thank you for your registration to the conference.... She used our home email, mikecrystal@sprintmail.com, but if the person had looked at the registration they would have noticed it was a woman. She was a bit upset by this but being the professional she is, she responded appropriately and will seek out this male minded person when she gets to the conference this week. (might get messy)

Anyway, the SPIN class was great this morning. Nina and Brent from the radio contestants was there along with a few of the other regulars like Mike, Qualcomm Lottory winner and Kavon.

Jessica was the instructor and she ran us hard especially at the end. Last set consisted of hills with increased resistance and sprints for 10 to 20 seconds at a pop the entire 10 minute set. I felt it and was hoping I didn't burn too many matches. I wanted to save something for tomorrow night Torrey Pine Time Trail.

The fund raising is going well close to $8000 with matching gifts that hopefully will arrive in Sept. I'm in the midst of planning an event for Sept 29th. Lots of prep work. Silent auction, food, location, etc....couple this with my work and training and you can see why I get sad looks from the dogs.

Have you guessed which one is Butternut and which one is Zeke? Better yet...who named them and why? There was a play that ran in San Diego for many years that recently closed. Answer that and I'll give you a free pass to our event. Send answer to my email.

No comments: