Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday Elimination...Kris McDaniel

Tuesday...and another is eliminated, Kris McDaniel. I wish I had more time to get to know the people we ride with. Kris was riding with group 3 so I didn't get as much of an opportunity to talk with him as I would have liked to. On a few of the Thursday night rides we had time to chat. I found him to be a really nice guy.

Kris had some knee issues a few weeks ago but after adjusting his seat he was back in the saddle pretty quickly. Each week I could see him getting stronger and his endurance was improving.

On the Scott & BR show (by the way you can listen to Scott and BR via the internet) today they interviewed Scott Bailey who is currently holding the Immunity Pump. They asked him what his thoughts were about why Kris was eliminated and he said he wasn't sure. It is a mystery to those of us who remain.

This week is packed full of riding for me. Wed morning SPIN, not a long class but intense. Thursday evening Torrey Pines time trail. Again, not a long ride but when you put all you got into a 7 minute or less up hill climb you end up spent. Saturday I have the Great Western with our Trek Century Training program . This is a 70 plus mile ride which includes lots of climbing and heat. And lastly our Qualcomm Million Dollar Challenge training ride of 80 plus miles up Scripps Poway Parkway to Ramona and back.

This is what I love. The physical and mental parts are what make me feel alive but most importantly it's the cause, CAF. I think we all have that little person inside who wants to help others in some way, shape or form. As I get closer and closer to that fund raising goal of $10,000 that little person inside smiles.

No comments: