Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We Lost Another...

This week I am out of town on business to Buffalo, NY. It's a great area and not what you think of when New York comes to mind. It's green, the weather is pleasant and tonight we had a team meeting at a place over looking the water. Nice way to relax this week and recover.

Unfotunately I received news that Keven Davenport was eliminated from the Scott and BR Team. Kevin is a talented young rider. In my mind he has untapped riding skills that with some coaching could see him competing in local and regional races. He has lungs, speed, and endurance. If he joined a local club I'm sure he would quickly rise to the top.

I got to know Kevin mostly during our rides on Thursday. Because the group is smaller on these evenings we rode together. Kevin is a laid back knd of guy, going to school and working on a degree. I could see that it was a challenge for him to keep school in check and think about CAF but he gave it his best.

I wish Kevin the best of luck and hope he will continue to train with us.

No comments: