Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Ride and Fund Raising...

Before we got going on our easy 40 mile ride today CAF pulled aside the people who have been a part of the QMDC event for the last3 years. The picture to the left are the 12 people who are members of this elite club. The combined total funds raised is over $360,000. My hat is off to these fine individuals.

Next we had the immunity challenge for today. It was a quiz that had an Olympic theme. Here was the question; "What are the 4 cycling events in the Olympics" I thought I had this one. Road Cycling, Keirin, Madison and Pursuit (the last 3 track events). I was feeling pretty proud of myself. However, the real answer is Road, Time Trail, Track and Mountain Biking. Scott Bailey, winner from last week, was again the one left to decorate the immunity pump. Great Job Scott.

The ride this week was a short somewhat easy pace. It become somewhat spirited at points but it felt good to be out in the ocean air. The slower pace provided an opportunity to chat with other ride members again.

Only 5 of the radio contestants where riding today. Myself, Nina, Todd, Scott, and MoMo. Sam came out but wasn't able to ride. He broke a finger. He tried to ride the day before but the bumps were too painful. I can see that.

My fund raising is coming along very well. The sight is posting $6K but there is some outstanding matching gifts and checks to be added in.

I'm planning a Sushi Cooking and Silent Auction Event, Sept 29th at the Southwestern Yacht Club. I working on this with Todd Northup and good cycling friend Lan Tran. Lan's dental practice is show on the left hand side, Del Mar Dental Center. She and I have been riding together for many years, we've coached teams together and she's also my dentist.

More to follow on the Sushi Cooking Silent Auction event for CAF. Todd and I met to discuss details today after our rde. It's going to take all we have left to put this together, ride, train, eat, sleep, work and spend time with our families. If you're reading this blog be sure to set that Monday aside for this event from 6-9 PM. I'll start posting some of the silent auction items and more details soon.

This week, SPIN class and Torrey Pines Time Trail.


No comments: