Friday, August 8, 2008

Thursday Night Ride


Last night was a short ride of only 15 miles. Taking a look at the profile it's not a hard ride by distance or the amount of climbing, 750 feet. However, when it's ramped up to a pace that you struggle to keep up with the ride can be a different story.

I'm tired this morning and it's because of that ride last night. Each training session I download details that help me gauge how I performed and if I'm improving. My max heart rate is 205 and I can normally run between 80% and 85% of that for 6 hours. Above 85% and you go anaerobic which I can't sustain for very long. During rides I'll see anaerobic but it's in short bursts.

The device I use to record information is a Polar Heart Rate Monitor S725. I can then upload the details to my computer and see graphs. One graph breaks down by percentage how much time I spent in different zone. Last night I spent 43% of that ride in the anaerobic zone and thus the reason I'm beat today.

I'm going to rest and keep my feet up as much as possible today. Tomorrow I have a long ride with the Trek Century Training Program out to Ramona and back. Food, water and rest. That's what I need.

No comments: