Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tuesday Morning Elimination

It's now kind of my ritual to get up early on Tuesday, around 5:30 AM, as the excitement starts to build regarding the XX1090 Radio contest. I turn on the computer and connect it to The Scott & BR Show via the Internet to listen in. The reception is so much better via the Internet. AM has a weak signal at my house.

After letting the dogs out, feeding them, and kissing my wife as she heads off to work, I head back up to listen to the Tuesday morning show. I'm not much of a sport-fan-analysis-kind of guy but after tuning into Scott & BR on other days of the week I've learn some new things. They bring an interesting views and insight to Baseball, Football, the Olympics, and other sporting events. I only follow a few sports and even those lightly so listening expands my perspective.

By about 6:30 AM my pulse starts to run as Scott Kaplan starts to build up the announcement of the elimination. This week the immunity went to MoMo after Nina gave the immunity card away which was the rule this past Sunday. Scott and BR brought both lady's on the phone to talk about their stories and participation in the contest. Nina just got out of the Navy in mid Aug. MoMo just completed her first Ironman and was announced by Scott to be our oldest participant. Both have a lot of spunk and bring a spark of fun each week to our rides.

Unfortunately the person eliminated this week was Matt (big hair) Baker. I think the wind was blowing the day we took our individual shots so his hair is standing up. Of course I only wish I had that much hair.

Matt has been riding with Group 1 every week . I 've had an opportunity to speak with him on Thursday evenings once in while and some times for a few minutes on Sunday. Nice guy with a lot of cycling experience. Highly skilled rider. If he had been at the Kitchen Creek ride he could have given Todd a run for his money on the track stand test.

Scott & BR brought Matt onto the phone and of course he was disappointed. However, he did say he would continue to come out and ride with us. I hope he does. You build some great friendships in this program which would be a shame to loose.

No comments: