Saturday, July 26, 2008

Trek Century Training Ride

This mornings ride was with the Trek group as we prepare for the Poway Century in Oct. There is such a mixture of skill sets with these riders. Some have been with us for the last 3 or 4 programs and others are brand new. Each week we see about 5 or 10 new people which can make it challenging for group riding. However, everyone is riding well and my Ride Guides are doing a fantastic job with these participants.

Brent Smith and I took a little more time at before starting today to talk thru some riding etiquette that we felt was important. No more than 2 abreast, taking up too much road space and not passing on the right. Lastly, headset and ear pieces. We still see people coming out with iPods. For our group rides this is not OK. We want the riders to have all their senses working.

We did 50 plus miles today and the Garmin 705 came in really handy. A few people got off course right at the beginning but the Garmin beeped at every turn.

I'm still playing with the best position for the Helmet Cam. This ride I put it on backwards and I think the outcome is much better than seeing the tail end of people. However, I need to secure it better to my helmet. As this video clip will show it's bouncing around too much.

No comments: