Wednesday, July 16, 2008

SPIN Class Every Wed Morning

This is a great way to start the day. We meet at the Sport Club in La Jolla at 7:00 AM. I like to get there early in order to warm up some and get a few more spins under my legs. The room has low lighting in it and the instructors bring some fantastic tunes.

It's not a long class, usually 45 to 50 minutes, but it kicks butt. You really don't have a chance to rest at all. We do hill climbs, sprints and tempo work. After, I always feel like I just spent 2 or 3 hours on the road at the front of the pack pulling the entire time. I park on the street and to get back to my car I have to climb about 4 flights of stairs. At the top, I'm always a bit out of breath.

To me, this is a perfect opportunity to really work hard and get a lot out of the class in a short period of time. It's in the middle of the week so there is plenty of time to recover before our Sunday ride.

No comments: