Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tues...Wed...Elimination

Whats Up: All day yesterday I was fielding calls and emails from friends and relatives asking what happened. Many had tuned into XX1090 hoping to hear something and others just wanted to know...was I still in the contest.

Tuesday came and went this week and due to a the amazing game on Monday night and the Chargers win over the Jets (48-29) Scott & BR didn't have time to have the cyclists elimination on the program. I received a call from Kristine over at CAF the night before and my guess is Nina, Carl and Scott did as well, providing a heads up on what would happen the next morning.

Some people have asked why there is 6 people at the top of the blog when 4 are left in the contest. Scott Kaplan, far left, and Jim Carbaugh, winner from last years contest, is 2nd from the left.

I spent yesterday wrapping myself around work, my day job in the computer industry, and the Sushi Silent Auction we are planning for Sept 29th. Monday night we met with our volunteers at the Southwestern Yacht club and worked on the agenda for the event, trained our chefs and had some great Sushi by Lan Tran. Last night my wife invited some ladies over and we worked on creating baskets and stuffing guest gift bags for this event. (By the way, we have some very cool stuff) I never imaged how much time Todd and I would have to put into this.

I was waiting near the phone along with the other 3 people and listening to Scott & BR via the internet. They tried to call one of us but the number wasn't working. The number was disconnected or wrong. Talk about raising my heart rate. They tried to re-call the number. Still didn't work. They tried again....still nothing. End result they decided not to cut anyone. Now WHAT>>>>? Tune in next week to see what they decide.

No comments: