Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bling and CAF Sun Ride...

Sunday: I was so looking forward to the ride today. Early last week I was having some problems with my right knee. The problem is that I've had 7 operations and the warranty has expired. I had seen the ortho before starting this program and he indicated a knee replacement was in order. However, we could put it off to the spring if I didn't go crazy with my riding. So I live with the pain, smile and ride. Most days it's OK.

I took a few days off this week, iced the knee and just rested it. By day 3, Sat, I was feeling pretty antsy and was itching for a ride. Our Sunday CAF ride was scheduled for a 75 mile course and some climbing. Perfect! I rolled with group two and had a great time.

Deeanna Steffen was so strong this week. She would get into her aerobars and just crank on the front. I would pass her on down hills and she would catch and pass me on the flats. The last 5 or so miles 3 of us; Todd, Dan and myself, jumped in behind and we flew home. That was fun.

Immunity today was a quiz about the Ride Leaders. Nina came out with the most correct answers. Good for her. This week they will eliminate one person and the following week two. We were told that all the remaining contestants would be invited to the radio station this Tuesday but due to some scheduling issues it will happen the following week instead.

The Sushi Cooking Silent Auction is coming along. We are limiting the number of people to 100 so if you plan to sign up get in now. $30 a person or we have VIP passes for $50 which include drinks and a special gift. It's filling up fast. There are so many items for the silent auction like the Bill Stewart Surfboard. And there is the cool motor cycle helmet donated by Stamps Nstuff. Nina who loves pink and bling was big eyed when I showed them to her this morning.

These are just a few of the items. We have hotel and weekend packages, jewelry, salons, dinners, gift cards, cycling items, Garmin GPS, and so much more. The Sushi dinner alone would run well over $50 a person not including drinks. (By the way we will have other food there for those who are not fond of raw fish)

What has surprised Todd Northup, my partner in this, and myself is the amount time it takes to plan and coordinate all the details. Between that, our riding, family and work we almost don't have time to sleep. But, it's worth it. We're having a ball.

No comments: