Sunday, July 12, 2009

Good Days and Bad Days

12 July - I try to make this blog about CAF, Trek, XX1090 and other things I'm involved with. Yesterday, Saturday, I lead out the Trek Destination Ride in the South County as the leader of our C group. Normally this is covered by Brent Smith who I think is a very talented cyclists. However, he was out of town so I took on the that role as the fast group leader. I pulled the first 15 plus miles and think I may have put a little too much into that....why, because I felt it today.

As a Ride Leader with CAF, my job is to be responsible for the group I'm assigned to. Today, Sunday, it was Group 2. We started out at a good pace put after climbing Del Dios we put the hammer down and started a pace line. I popped after about 15 minutes at 25 plus MPH. This is not what a Ride Leader does. I'm supposed to lead. But the other side of it is...know your limits.

I dropped off, was pulled back by a member of the group, Dave, and stayed with them the rest of the ride until I had a flat on the bike path. Some people stopped to help and we stayed together for the rest of the ride. Lisa took the rest of the group because we had lost John Welch with a few flats. (John's the type of rider I would love to be some day)

The Radio People had some questions today as they should. We have our first elimination down to 15 contestants coming up this week. What are the rules...there are none. Promote CAF, QMDC and XX1090. That's where it starts. Tuesday is the first cut. Vote on XX1090 for someone to get immunity.

It's going to be a fun week. Catch The Scott and BR show from 5-9 AM. More to come.

No comments: